Fare Thee Well

Sunday, February 20, 2011
I had already planned an article to keep the memory of this day alive. But what happened today scrapped all my plans and brought a whole new centre to the story. Either the assembly was too good or I was too emotionally weakened at the prospect of farewell.Farewells have a resonating quality of binding people together. For me, I say a dozen times I hate my school, but now on this day, I’m proud to be a part of it all.

Most heartbreaking is to lose our headboy, the jagat bhrata- Hisham bhaiya. I use the collective pronoun to specify that not only me but every Montfortian feels so. Hisham bhaiya, you’re the best thing our school has ever seen. Your speech has made everyone in the vicinity cry. I would like to reproduce some extracts, as accurately as my memory permits. Though the words would be hollow without your energy.

“I would like to thank my juniors.Once my friend said that yaar Hisham tujhko humse zyada toh juniors jante honge. And it is because of them that even my batch mates call me bhaiya.”

“I would like to tell you something about me. ‘Cause most of you know me but many of you don’t know about me. I was born 18 years ago in a village in Uttar Pradesh. My dad was- for sake of sophistication - an agriculturist but in reality he was a farmer. When I was 4 I came to Delhi to study. My parents still live in UP and till this day they did not know the exact name of my school or my section or my teachers. They have been praying for the past many years for my happiness and success. Now why I’m telling this is because jab mai chota tha and bacchon se suntan tha ki mere papa lawyer hain doctor hain CA hain, toh mujhe bahut sharam aati thi apne papa ko kisan batane me. but today I feel very proud to say that my father is a farmer. Because when I was a child he had a dream, of seeing his child get the best possible education, and I’m proud to say that I’m just living his dream. All that I am and all that I will ever be will be because of my parents and because of my family, without whose support and love I would have been nothing. Today is a very special day for me because for the first time in my whole school life, my parents have come to my school. Mai aapse ye kehna chahta hun ki mai aapka shukriya toh kabhi ada nahi kar paunga but aapki duaon me bahut takat hai warna mai yaha tak nahi aa pata, bahut pehle haar maan gaya hota.”


After all the praise, all the awards, all the honours and immense popularity, he remains just as humble. The only headboy, probably in the whole world, jinki baat sab maante the. I am proud to have made your acquaintance in my lifetime. Hope you remember me as I shall remember you, always.


Not being too emotional, farewells never made me feel any sadness. But today, okay I admit, and proudly for that matter, that your speech finally managed to get those tears in my eyes that I had so well hidden, since so long.

Will miss you bhai jaan. Hope you have a successful life ahead.









I can’t say I'll miss him or not…but I’d never forget him.... He has shown me what life actually is and how it should be lived....- Mayank Sharma.


Though being in the same school we don’t know each other. But I don’t feel for gaining inspiration you need to know the person :) it can be sourced from anywhere and one such way is your speech...I mean its just INCREDIBLE and anyone will run short of words hearing it.....I really feel glad 2 have seniors like you :D - Aarushi Jain.


You are so inspiring!!!!..."man of the moment"......You need to start a fanpage!!!....may god bless you!- Sameeksha Jain.



After my parents and Sachin you are the only one I am inspired by...best of luck man. - Shivanshu Bansal.



18 comments:

  1. Respect is the only word tht comes to my mind right now:)
    thanks a lot for sharing this post hiral :)
    i hope i will meet you some day-hisham.
    have a very bright future ahead :)

  1. Lord Vader said...:

    the words" Today is a very special day for me because for the first time in my whole school life, my parents have come to my school. Mai aapse ye kehna chahta hun ki mai aapka shukriya toh kabhi ada nahi kar paunga but aapki duaon me bahut takat hai warna mai yaha tak nahi aa pata, bahut pehle haar maan gaya hota. ........... " ... \m/

  1. Rahul A.K said...:

    Hats off hiru.. :| I am jealous :P

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Nice one hiral....

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @mayank
    you guys seriously should meet

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @3d freak/mayank 2 :P
    ahh i love 2 hear that agn agn and not also
    it makes me cry :(

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @rahul
    every damn soul on this earth will be jealous of hisham bhai....hes that awesome ;)

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @saumey
    this post has less content from me than from hisham bhai :P

  1. Akash said...:

    Nice one Hiral :)
    Hisham broda, Hats off >:D<
    Really inspiring!

    We will meet soon brother! :D
    Best of Luck for your future
    Live your Dad's dream :D

    I'm quite jealous now coz i never had such a senior like Hisham bhaiko

    Regards
    Akash

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @akash
    i saw some teachers too crying on farewell :P

  1. P4F Team said...:

    Awesome post :)

    School ke din yaad aa gaye :D

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Thanx a lot Hiral!!!!
    It is a very touching and nice blog you have written....I never expected such a reaction from that speech....
    Thanx a lot!!!

    And also a thank you to all the people who have praised just by reading your blog entry!!!

  1. Djamant said...:

    @rohit
    school ke din and lunch break :P

  1. Djamant said...:

    @hisham bhaiya
    hehe....you got quite some fans now
    and that speech well....i wish i could put the video for all to see...

    and btw i would really like you to talk with mayank bhai :P

  1. What a great bro :).
    Makes me feel I can do anything in this world.

    I would love to meet him someday.

    And hiral just like everyone here I am jealous of you as you got to hear that speech.

    ~
    Poo

  1. Djamant said...:

    @poo
    hehe yeah
    In all your brothers(an army), you wouldn't have one like hisham bhaiya :P

  1. Djamant said...:

    @niks

    hard to believe :P
    but he has the capability to do that :P

Post a Comment

Lemme know how you liked it!

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs