When Important Becomes Impotent

Sunday, February 27, 2011




Oh yes I have heard those “English is a funny language” jokes in a hundred and one versions. But seriously, you could never have heard of the version I just compiled for you. Believe me guys English is a beautiful language, but its some people who are ignorant towards it who take it in their hands to spoil it. “English” is now considered a status symbol. So even if people are not comfortable with it, they still use it to show their sophistication and make a fool of themselves. They give it a whole new meaning- often in a ridiculous way. This trend I noticed in Hindi teachers, lab assistants, and a few more people.
Keep quiet- please quiet
Success- sex-ess (that’s how someone I know pronounced it)
Artist- drawer

And once, oh pray! Even I cant believe it….someone pronounced important as IMPOTENT!
The SMS lingo is a thing that can be misinterpreted. I’m specially mentioning this because I myself have fallen prey to it and I curse my stupidity. Infact, it was this that made me come up with this article. I asked a friend to CUM online at a certain time. Believe me it was an innocent request. He had this big “O” of a mouth then and asked me if I had lost it. When I remained non-plussed, he asked me to google it. And then if you want a piece of my disgust, I suggest you google it.
Another funny story I would like to account. There was this guy who was breaking up with his girlfriend and told her that she was ineffable but still due to personal reasons he could not be with her. For you account ineffable means perfect. Sadly that girl didn’t know what it meant and created a scene thinking she was in-F-able(you might remember this scene from HIMYM)
Guys, speak English but be sure you say what you want to convey. Might seem funny but these small misinterpretations can lead to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding.
I would like to conclude by saying-
“When Important becomes Impotent,
You know you should draw a line.”




7 comments:

  1. very interesting article :P
    well written
    good work :)

  1. Shriram said...:

    Great post :D
    reminded me of some similar situations :))
    I totally agree with you but I can't criticize others as even my vocabulary is poor :P

  1. Djamant said...:

    @shri
    everyone encounters these embarressing moment no matter how good their vocab is :P
    n yours is pretty good :D

  1. Akash said...:

    Haha quite funny :P
    CUM at a certain time =))
    Great work :D

  1. Djamant said...:

    @akash
    that was the stupidest thing to happen :P
    n that person was......oh im shutting up :P

  1. awesome lol :P
    I just remembered when I said u that word :|
    I still wont google it :P
    u better tell me urself =)

    btw awesome post :D

Post a Comment

Lemme know how you liked it!

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs