Rest in Peace, Ritu Ma'am

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I read somewhere-

Life is a submissive slut, and death, its most priced customer.

And of course, if the bloody demon is paying like HELL, he would make sure he got the best. And that’s why all the good people go up first and the earth is full of assholes. As Kamal bhai says – “Saare harami niche rahe jaate hain.”

Why suddenly I’ve adopted truck-driver vocabulary? YES! I’m in SHOCK! It’s as if the truth hasn’t quite sunk in yet. The unnerving and untimely demise of our beloved Hindi teacher has taken a heavy toll on my mental well-being, something I never thought I would feel.

Death is something you just can’t get used to. Today while going for the exam, I still sustained a foolish hope that I would meet her in the corridor and greet her with a “Good morning!” I actually postponed writing this as felt that maybe this was someone’s filthy idea of a joke and I had absolutely no intention of making a fool of myself.

Ritu ma’am, we all knew, was very weak since like, forever. But that didn’t prepare any of us for what happened. I got to know that she had a kidney problem since past one year that finally lead to- well I can’t even bring myself to say it! She had always been good to me. She never lost her temper. In the 2 years she taught me- 7th and 8th, I never had any complaints- not even the foolish ones each kid has towards each teacher.

Not even one Montfortian is ready to accept this news. Why, oh why! To someone so absolutely lovely? I can name a hundred people who could have gone instead-I know I shouldn’t be talking so-but anything I say now will be an understatement.

The cruel game of fate.
The whore called life.
And the fucker called destiny.

The one above, if He even is there, has a creepy, filthy sense of humour.

Ritu ma’am, Rest In Peace.





13 comments:

  1. Manik Arora said...:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  1. Anonymous said...:

    I know how it feels because I lost my uncle recently and it all feels so unreal at first. It makes you wonder about your own life, doesn't it? I'm sorry for your loss.

  1. Djamant said...:

    @ankita
    yes:(
    its like you cant believe its actually happened
    thanks for the concern :)

  1. pramod lohia said...:

    very touchy and concerned post.

  1. May she rest in peace!

    Touchy post.

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @pramod
    my concerns are for her family

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @chandrika
    :)
    sorta teaches us the consequences of death :(

  1. X said...:

    "The one above, if He even is there, has a creepy, filthy sense of humour"
    That says it all. Quite insightful for a schoolgirl I must say. Sorry about your teacher though, but yeah, death is inevitable, you'll get used to it after the first few shocks.

  1. the feel is very tough ...

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @captian aloof
    thanks :)
    i dont believe in god coz of all the miseries. even he makes mistakes. and is he makes mistakes, aint he human too?

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @vivek
    it really is, cant believe it happened even now.

  1. The cruel game of fate.
    The whore called life.
    And the fucker called destiny.
    these wonderful lines really touches all.

  1. Djamant said...:

    @sudhan
    thank you :)

Post a Comment

Lemme know how you liked it!

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs