MY PERFECT MAN!

Monday, December 20, 2010


On suggestion of a friend I have been watching How I Met Your Mother a lot these days. One of the things it said-obviously as a joke- has got a truth into it and it’s been bugging me ever since. It deals with relationships- on which I’m kinda self-proclaimed expert.

Usually most of the relationships have – quoting the scriptwriter of HIMYM - A Reacher and a Settler. How do these relationships survive is the biggest question I need to answer before I die. Seemingly the people who appear to be too into each other are under a brief spell of mutual infatuation.

Just put yourself in place of the “The Reacher” and “The Settler” and consider. It was something like this for me-


REACHER


Oh crap! Why does he have to look so good? All those girl look at him with that greedy expression. And the look they give me! scathing! Like, what is she doing there beside him! I could hit the hell outta those bitches! Still, they have got a point don’t they? What makes him love me …….?


Major feelings- insecurity, jealousy, self doubt

SETTLER


Seriously, what am I doing with this guy! He’s so damn boring! He’s got no personality. The only reason I loved him was because I thought his innocence was kinda cute. But maybe I cant hold on to that small fact and spend the rest of my life. The way he’s possessive about me now and his jealousy if I talk with another guy just pisses me off.

Major feelings- “I’m stuck”






How can anyone live with either of that? In many seemingly into-each-other couples I met(and I’m not naming anyone of them), I can point out The Reacher and The Settler.
Sometimes all I wanna tell them is- GET A LIFE PEOPLE! Find someone worth you.

The guy I want, my Perfect Man would be not the Prince neither would I be the Princess. Because seriously that sounds lame. *pukes*

What I want is someone equal. I guy who I can proudly call My Boyfriend without feeling ashamed or inadequate. When people see us together they say jealously - gosh look at them! Why can’t we be like them too?




Oh yeah baby, BRING IT ON!
GIMME MY MAHN!:P


14 comments:

  1. Shriram said...:

    gr8 post :)
    n all the best in ur quest for ur "mahn" :D :P

  1. Anonymous said...:

    wow . . . yeah the Prince thingy is pretty lame, aint many princes left(or princesses, there is a general recession) :)

    But then, your expectations would hit a bullseye on a lot of guys . . . Best of luck finding one you're worth !

  1. ha ha ha
    very interesting :P
    felt nostalgic
    <------ comment snipped ------->
    :P

  1. Akash said...:

    @Nikhil..stay away from my sister

    Awesome blog Hiru
    The present generation's lover's mentality is just like that
    n yeah i hope you will get your man soon

  1. Unknown said...:

    So dis is Hiral's take on relationships....!
    interesting... but i disagree...

    How can a prince and princess not be equal! or further be ashamed of each oder :P
    (clarification: i am not into a reln either)

    but am on your side in regards to REACHER & SETTLER.

    Good luck finding one 4 u...;)

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @chaithanya
    a prince n a pauper n vice versa is what im against
    wht i meant there was that i dont want a prince- sum1 whos better than me
    nor do i wanna b th princess- want sum1 less able than me

    an equal... :)

  1. Rahul A.K said...:

    Follow your heart :) Ur perfect man is somewhere out there. If you love being with him. then who cares about his flaws and stuff. and Men are sinners..deal with it =)) :P AWESOME POST ! LOVED IT ! BECOME MY GIRLFRIEND :D :P

  1. I don't think its about finding an equal, because there never will be an equal. It all comes down to compatibility. If you are equals, you will clash!

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @rahul
    shut up ur a kid :P toddler :P

  1. Hiralarious said...:

    @JSincro

    If the guy you end up with is supergood wouldn't you always live in an inferiority complex?

    And how long can you live with that?

  1. Gaurav Arora said...:

    Good luck! Ms. Arora!!

  1. Djamant said...:

    thank you sir
    may i know your name? :P

  1. Aakanksha said...:

    This is AWESOME girl! :D
    And, I completely agree with you that even I want a guy whom I can call my boyfriend without feeling ashamed. :P

Post a Comment

Lemme know how you liked it!

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs